In daily life where I can use my mouth, I love discussing and talking. On a blog there is the written dialogue, with comments topping off the post . Some blogs do an excellent job at this. I am not so happy yet with the talks between visitors on my blog. What is the etiquette and how do I talk on the blog with the people that make comments? And where do I leave a comment?
I have used several ways to comment by looking at other bloggers:
1. Do not answer comments. Sometimes I do not take the time. Sometimes there is nothing to add.
2. Make a comment on each comment. The amount of comments gets really big this way. It does not add to the clarity of the discussion. It even gets boring to read all that. How else can I honor someone that left a comment? Yes really HONOR, since they took the time to read the post and sometimes the comment and decided to leave a comment.
3. Write a comment in the same comment with a different font or make the comment bigger or write in Italics.
4. Return the comment by sending an email. This way other readers do not know what I say in return. Sometimes I do that when I want to add or ask something.
5. Leave a comment on the blog of the person. When someone leaves a comment with me, I make it a habit to visit their blog. And I might leave a comment when I feel called upon.
Where do you comment and why?