When you have a little dream or idea growing inside of you, there comes a time to share it with the world. You take a leap, open your mouth and then a strange thing happens. 90% or more of the people make a negative comment on your great idea and will try and kill it off. Be aware of this endless list of negative comments that could keep you from creating something new. Here is the ones that I have collected so far:
1. that is not possible/it won’t work
2. it costs a lot of money, you need a lot of money
3. that has never been done before
4. the boss will not allow
5. you don’t have the time
6. you need a special skill/license/degree and you do not have that
7. this is not in the budget/not the target
8. it sounds exciting, but maybe we can do it some other day when the time/weather/mood is right
9. it is always done like this
10. I will let you know what we decide
11. we will make a work group/think tank to develop it further
12. write your idea down and we will have a look at it
13. this is only possible for men/women/children
14. we have tried that one before and it was no success
15. that is only in the weekend/holiday-season/during the week
How to proceed after the remark?
– Try and keep your idea a secret a little longer after negative remarks, so it can grow and develop into reality.
– Find people that will possibly react positive or supportive.
– Close your ears and go ahead with your idea.
– Tell nobody unless you suspect they could be positive or give useful feedback.
– and this list is endless too.