Random facts about myself? This is a hard thing. I wrestle with sharing the real stuff as Bill well knows. The first four are regular I guess, they got me started and travel further into random land. If any one wants to share 8 random facts, go ahead, consider yourself tagged.
1. I changed my first name into Miriam, I was not born a Miriam. Some one told me that one of several meanings for the name Miriam is radiant one. Hence the name of this blog.
2. I learn languages pretty quick. At one time I spoke 9 of them and six of them fluent. (Dutch, German, French, English, Japanese, Italian) It has not stayed. It is 2 fluent, three okay, the rest I pick up pretty quick. Give me one week in a country and I am fine. I have no fear to talk to people and make mistakes when talking. That helps to learn to speak your languages!
3. When I went for my first swimming diploma I had to swim under water for seven meters. I swam the whole pool of 25 meters and survived that too. Luckily I had been practicing with my brother to surprise my parents. When he got his first diploma he did the same thing!
4. When boys told me they had fallen in love with me, I would giggle and think by myself, O no not again. Yes, this also happened when my husband told me that he loved me. It took some years for me to be able to tell him from the same level. He knew straight away that I was his woman and wife to be.
Now for the serious and more out of the ordinary random four.
5. I am abused by a neigbour at age 13. Again at age 21 by a friend that had invited me over for dinner. Yes heavy stuff and I have long thought that I was to blame for that. Perhaps that I led them on. It made me very aware of how people treat each other and definitely shaped me into the woman that I am now. To treat all people with respect and love, since they are all special.
6. Spiritual encounters have come into my life from late 1999. I received my first Reiki treatment. It was given by a friend that was in Germany, over 250 km away from me. I saw colors and felt surrounded by love. I found heaven on earth in some kind of way. A lovely feeling and so immense when I felt it for the first time. I was suddenly a human being having a spiritual experience rather than a spiritual being having a human experience.
7. Colors I can still see, spirits I can feel. There was a week in 2006 where I had seven extraordinary encounters of a so called paranormal nature. By the reactions of the people I could actually begin to see that it was real. I still shy away from sharing my feelings around this. Only when it is very strong and I feel confident I will go ahead.
8. My secret wish is to travel the world on a daily basis for the rest of my life. When I travel I am happiest. The experiences when I travel and meet people have been wonderful and unique. I could write a lot of stories on that.